Wait. What?

When he isn't talking your ear off about existentialism, pro-wrestling and the incredibly interesting things that happen in his comparatively mundane life, Dan occasionally writes the poetry he mentions so often. Here it is.

Monday, February 08, 2010

Tuesday Evening On Cromwell




I am comfortable as man here.
It could not be decided who had
un-shirted last or first but the
acts were individual and genuine.
A summer-storm passed, humidity
seemed an acceptable scapegoat.

But to me, Mr. Lee Roth's presence
above the screen is disconcerting,
and I picture us permed,
sat on the floor with our pasta
and Die Hard.



1 comment:

  1. Thats not how I remember that night at all!
    Here is how it all went down.

    If you’re asking for my recollection
    His face merely tickled the tension,
    As we broke all blokey convention,
    And looked to trench our retention.

    I offered my hand with inflection
    You preferred to play my brass section,
    You sneered when I suggested protection,
    Resulting in bare back injection,
    And sultry saline advection.

    So why then was there an objection,
    To my suggestion of coital affection,
    A friend wouldn’t offend my complexion,
    With dash of runny rejection,
    That could lead to acute eye infection.

    In closing I ask for purely a mention,
    When you send off this work for inspection,
    And that I evoke a nostalgic reflexion,
    In your moments of deep introspection.

    ReplyDelete