Wait. What?

When he isn't talking your ear off about existentialism, pro-wrestling and the incredibly interesting things that happen in his comparatively mundane life, Dan occasionally writes the poetry he mentions so often. Here it is.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

mint.


It was brain sleep
Beautiful dreamless repair

But woke
not where my head had lain
nor (where had) the remainder of my being.

I surveyed. The room still on its side
Said nothing.

Stood and so reminded to breath
Inwards rushed the elements unseen
As backdraught thick and stripping, outs.

Furniture, fittings, walls and their cousins
Uprighted violent then tauntingly
Paused .

My pins trollyed.
The dresser inched forever forward
Over his shoulder, the mirror offered no answers
Fewer compliments
And with subtlety,
mocked my forehead's fabric branding.

Behind me and slowly, the door
Slid his hand in mine but betrayed by his hinges
announced a guest


And on my way down

I noticed
a crab sandwich had been looking at me sideways.


No comments:

Post a Comment