Wait. What?

When he isn't talking your ear off about existentialism, pro-wrestling and the incredibly interesting things that happen in his comparatively mundane life, Dan occasionally writes the poetry he mentions so often. Here it is.

Monday, February 08, 2010

George



"Bye then" I shrug at first at least
from the step, looking out at the street,
nothing new. Same street as before
except for the cat,

the one from next door.
He was old though. We’d leave him things
but spurned from our bins said
he wouldn’t come again. So

from one box to another
Six years in one with atom, vial and hammer
now forever the other
Well, forever till worm-shit.

At the table then, late
sauced and in view of a flame I wagging
to ceiling said “this round’s on you,
all in on your name!” She dances

her shoulders, in eyelids and lips
then I echo her smile when she’s counting
my chips, “Guess you are as you were George”
and chuckle relief. “If you’d bailed me out now...”

I might have to grieve.



No comments:

Post a Comment