Wait. What?

When he isn't talking your ear off about existentialism, pro-wrestling and the incredibly interesting things that happen in his comparatively mundane life, Dan occasionally writes the poetry he mentions so often. Here it is.

Monday, February 08, 2010

Mike vs. 700 (a dream)

 

   
    From what I remember
    it started just
    past your house
    after I walked you home
   
    I was shedding cheese
    and feathers as I span
    so fast trying
    to impress your friends
    you hadn't met/then
   
    under day-lit canvas
    in joined tents those
    friends debate us bluntly,
    mine        laugh small
            encouraging
   
     |I hope they will be bored
             when I leave
         there will be stories|
   
    you tussle my mane dark
    red your boyfriend just
            stares/
   
    I was coming back in curiosity
    of what I had left
    but stepped out on the sand
               

    and    forgot/
   
   
    we chose our trucks, green
    named one passenger
    recorded his dialogue
    turned back and saw me       talking
    to my fingers/it was film-set sun
   
    high tan I stumbled
    at the sea dodging tides
    of popular culture until Tyson
    hooked me in path
    of a speeding Honda
   
    then it was calm for a while/
   
   
    I smashed up a gift shop
    with an old friend still
    in his school jumper snapping
    pencils as they kicked us
    out so I started punching
    a pig tied to a post
    hearing "open your eyes dickhead"
    saw a sign for the pie shop and
        my inked knuckles
   
   

    I was hungry        but
        the butcher had seen
        the whole thing/


No comments:

Post a Comment